Silestone engineered quartz countertops are both durable and beautiful. Because it is a non-porous material, Silestone care and maintenance is very easy. For most spills or day to day use, simply clean with mild soap and warm water.
- For tougher spills, use a cleaner such as Windex®, Formula 409®, or Lysol® and let sit for 10 minutes.
- For stuck items like gum or food, use plastic putty knife or other dull knife edge.
- Wipe clean with Scotch Brite® pad.
- If you are using bleach or solvent, it must be diluted first and then wiped off completely as it can still affect the surface for up to 12 hours.
- You may also use trichloroethylene, acetone, or paint thinners to treat specific stains.
- Do not use Liquid Plummer®, Drano®, or oven cleaners.
- Do not use water repellents or sealers.
- Do not use strippers or products with a pH of 10 or more.
- Do not re-polish.
Silestone surfaces are tough and both scratch and stain-resistant. However, do not put heat-generating appliances such as crock pots or electric skillets directly in contact with the countertop. Instead, use a trivet or a hot pad. Failure to do so may cause cracks on the surface (and you don’t want that to happen, now do you?)
Over time, exposure to sunlight may cause a slight discoloration. Because quartz is one of the toughest materials on the planet, it will quickly dull your knives if you chop on its surface, so always use a cutting board.
*Artelye Marble & Granite makes no warranties as to the results given from the above guidelines. Care and maintenance procedures for all quartz surface products are as advised by the individual manufacturer in their marketing materials and Artelye cannot be held responsible for the effectiveness of any directions.
If you have read this far, congratulations. You know know all about Silestone care and maintenance. Please note that this information is based upon information provided by the manufacturer and we cannot be responsible for their effectiveness. However, Artelye Granite & Marble are here to help. If you have any questions or concerns, always feel free to give us a call.